Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lesalon's Death - Our Fund will make a Difference




Life is full of beauty and the saddest of things - people that are inspiring and frustrations. Yesterday I learned two things. Lesalon - the man I treated with Therapeutic Touch earlier this year near his village home - Lesalon died and was buried May 1, 2010. And on the same day I received a heart-felt message from a friend imploring me to accept her offer of sponsorship to attend further Therapeutic Touch training.

The pictures are from the burial and below are some thoughts from Pastor Peter.

Myself I received Lesalon's death with deep sorry [sorrow] for I was trying my best to save his live and involving my friends like you, Emmanuel and all Osopet community. I feel that we have lost a bread winner for his family and that a big burden is laid on Osopet's shoulder to take care of this family. Rosemary is suffering from a severe skin disease and she need special medical attention before her situation become worse.

Her viral load is still low and she has (since 1 week) started taking the ARV'S which is a good thing, not like her husband who had a high viral when he was discovered positive 3 weeks ago.

If Osopet could have taken an action at the beginning, even before Peggy's visit and the resources were available we could have saved his live. All this thoughts and many come to my minds during his burial.

I will cradle the thought that IF we can establish health care funds, people will be able to get health care WHEN they need it. The children are living under Osopet's care. This much I know that donors can be proud of. So - we are proudly moving forward with our Hair Today - Health Care Tomorrow Campaign. If you want to help the Hair Campaign - or want more information - please call me or check out positively AFRICA's website www.positivelyafrica.org.

Thank you Pastor Peter for keeping us informed even in your time of sorrow. By the way, the community and family need help with burial costs. Please let me know if you can help. My email address is peggy@positivelyafrica.org.

My heart aches that Health Care Tomorrow is too late for Lesalon - but we can do something that will help his family! -peg

No comments:

Post a Comment