Friday, June 25, 2010

Back from a week of Introspection and Discussion


My short hair and I are returning from Indralaya on Orcas Island, where I shared much about the head shaving with friends there. It was a great week, learning more about Therapeutic Touch, working with wonderful people in the kitchen and treating some of the most open and receptive people I will ever meet. I received encouragement for the projects, posiitvely AFRICA and also the new look!

I wonder how others are feeling. I have been out of touch for a week and managed to delete all my emails just before I left Victoria. I realize that I need to add a few pictures of others that were sent to me. Here is one of the United World College Students. a stranger to the people in Kenya who will benefit from the funds raised but a wonderful young man willing to share life with others he has not yet met. I wonder how his family and friends are reacting to his new look.

As people look at me I can see them wondering if I am a religious person, a woman suffering from the effects of chemo, or some eclectic older woman! I like the confusion that I cause!

Indralaya inspires me to change the way that I live my life. As I head home and back to the busy world of home I am going to try a few techniques for restricting my work time to a limited amount of the day. One idea I have is that I will leave the house out the front door and come in the back door as though heading to work. Then when I return I will do the reverse, thus allowing my home to remain both a home and an office.

More updates on the hair campaign very soon. love -peg

No comments:

Post a Comment