Saturday, March 16, 2013

Thanks to friends - 'This Aint No Cocktail Party' has Wheels!!!

This has been a great week - although my daily cycling routine has gone to the wind. So many wonderful people came by to help. We created a plywood platform, for the sculpture, painted it and put that on wheels with a pulling rope.  I wanted to get this done before completing the base as there are a few fragile bits around the edges.  And the wheels will make it easier to move the growing giant - later we can use them as a very frightening go-cart or skateboard!

Pill bottles were washed by at least five other people - faithful friends for sure. We finally found a simple way to get the labels off - completely!  We soak the bottles overnight in extra virgin olive oil, then take the elbow grease and Goo Gone to them in the morning. The final cleanse is done in the dishwasher to remove oil residue. It seems all the 'washers' still have five flesh covered digits, so it works better than before. My arthritic hands are feeling a whole lot better than last week, and really it just felt like they were worked to the bone.

Another bit of help fiberglassed labels to a set of HIV specific medication bottles that will be used on the stem - so that people can see them. There are still more bottles to collect - hopefully at the POZ Gathering in Vancouver next weekend. It amazes, even me, the number of different bottles just for the medications that target the Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Thanks to an array of research and dedicated science, we have many options here in Canada.

And finally we have a devise for splitting pill bottles on the table saw. Not my design, but one I have to thank my fine carpenter friend for.  So the first round of bottles has been popped onto the bowl of the cocktail glass. I think I won't post any photos until its done, which should be soon as I only have 10 days before toe surgery.

And I am hoping you will see that first row, and all the rows after that, by - as they used to say in The Friendly Giant " Looking up - Way up there". 

No comments:

Post a Comment