Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another request


It's frustrating not to be able to send the funds needed to get people to care.

We had another request from our Kenyan friends at Osopet. They have, thanks to positively AFRICA donors, been able to pay the bills for one of the children that broke her arm, but now need help to cover the Hospital costs of a man I met about two months ago. He was not well then - I gave him a Therapeutic Touch treatment and he improved for a short time. Then he started getting weaker and weaker. Pastor Peter asked for help, but there is no program in place for adults and health care - that's why we are shaving our heads - to kick off this much needed program!
The man could not wait and Pastor Peter took him to the local Hospital. Turns out the man is HIV positive, so he will need a lot of care NOW - to get the opportunistic infections under control, and then build his strength enough to go back home. Home - where living conditions are not made for those of us who are not hearty. I'll try
to find a picture of him - but for now here I am teaching some of the Maasai women involved in home-based care to do 'Capacitar' head holds.
These women are the most amazingly strong women I have ever met! They carry huge containers of water miles a day, they cook on open fires for large families, they look after animals, they build their homes, ... Most have shaved their heads because managing long hair is not easy, especially when water is scarce. I will be proud to hold my bald head like the Maasai women I met!

No comments:

Post a Comment