Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Base is almost complete!

Finally, I feel like there is an end in sight.  I've spent weeks washing pill bottles.  I'll arrive in St Andrews with nubs instead of fingers. It was with great enthusiasm that a friend took a bucket of pill bottles to wash. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Give me more she said. What can be so hard about getting labels off bottles." We were not so excited when she returned unwashed bottles - an old injury flared under the stress. Yes, there are many tedious tasks that underlay beautiful art! Imagine the old artists who ground their pigments... O.K. - they had minions. I've got minions of friends who are stepping up at every turn.  Thanks my merry minions - it's not even about washing the bottles but knowing that I am not doing this alone.

Look at the base - what an array of colour!  What texture! What shiny clean bottles! What an incredible beginning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment