Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The beads are ready

I just received word that the beaded ribbons I ordered from Kenya are ready. I wanted to adorn the pill-bottle cocktail glass with red ribbons, but also wanted these to withstand the weather. The answer is simple when you have positive friends in Kenya.  I asked Mercy to find women to make the simple red ribbons and she founf - in her words - 'H. I. V, victims, single mothers who came up with this idea to stop depending on a local NGO - Osopet for school fees, uniforms and food.' Of course I wrote back to her aboutus being HIV victims.  We are survivors! Below is a picture of my beading Kenyan survivors!

They are strong and beautiful women who want to keep making money by beading intricate things like the ones they are wearing or holding in their hands. Please contact positively AFRICA (see the side bar) if you have need of something beautiful to wear, or want to host a party and sell African wearable artwork to your friends.

It means schooling, food and a future to amazing people far away and yet connected to us in a deep way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment