Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Walking Sayulita


Time seems to be running out for me in Sayulita. My legs want to explore - to pretend to be walking Hibou. I miss her here, where about 1/3 of the people have dogs - happy beach running dogs Hibou. Please forgive me for not bringing you - but you would not have liked the plane ride - although I must say I did. West Jet flew us from Victoria to Puerto Vallarta and the airport told us immediately we were away from home. A short taxi ride brought us here to the arches of Casa de Los Arcos where we have been content.


Yesterday Susan and I walked the length of the visible beach and the most exciting moment was when we slipped through this arch in the volcanic rock from one beach to the next. The arch was long enough that it was a dash between surges of the waves.


The waves are generally big. Surfers crowd the water and I tried two things. A belly ride on a surf-board thanks to one of the yoginis who ahs learned to surf and then a boogy board ride in over the surf all on my own - chest puffed proudly like the frigate birds we see above us daily. Today we walked the long hill up to the old Bed and Breakfast and saw the beauty of the inland homes - the peace of no roaring waves. We also visited an old friend of Gay’s and I was happy to be able to offer Therapeutic Touch for the second time on this vacation. A young woman has just been diagnosed with Bell’s palsy and when I saw her face at the end of the treatment I was thanked.


I want to send love to everyone at home and it has been hard to get on-line here so please know that I am well, learning to drink the odd Margaritta, and loving the warm sea and the air here. I hope this posting finds everyone also enjoying llife wherever they may be. Love -peg

1 comment:

LeFrank+Neate Clan said...

HIbou and I found a great beach yesterday
She loves running on the sand and rubbing her nose into the pebbles
Well done surfer girl
Have a margarita for me
XXDeb

Post a Comment