Friday, February 10, 2012

Music, Massage and Moli

Clay Massage, Moli and Beautiful Chants

Day Four of Gay’s Yoga Intensive: We worked through sore shoulders and stiff legs - managing several stronger poses. Our backs are getting stronger and flatter each day and the love of this ‘yoga studio’ is also growing. We used the rails to stretch out arms and legs, watching water skiing surf boards and pink rainbows on this stormy and rainy day. We ended the morning session with a beautiful chant that Gay had written and put to music on Iona Island, years ago. The words are below - of course the ‘her’ is Gaia, Mother Earth or any other name for the feminine energy.

We are held in the heart of her hand,

Like a tiny wee grain of sand - Supported. Transported.

On the waves of her love As the wind of her breathe Fills our sails.

We are coming home again. We are coming home again

We are coming home again. We are coming home.

- Gay Meagly

A chorus of song and humanity as, through yoga, we learn more about how our individual bodies move and talk to us. The afternoon class ended with a light just as the sun was setting. I don’t think I have ever seen a pink rainbow before, but today God graced the arc of colours in various rosy hues.

Yesterday was interesting - I decided to try a clay massage - what sculptor wouldn’t? As I lay face down on a home-made table on the sandy beach, easing my head into a place of surrender, I was transported to past massages. Soon a skin of bentonite clay covered me from head to foot, including my hair. The wet slip cooled me - protected my skin from the hot sun - that alone was a very pleasant experience. Then the masseur went to work and - to my amazement - found knots under knots under knots. He worked for at least an hour - I was sure that I would float at the end of the session. I guess I was transformed by the look of my friends when I got off the table. “You look like the wicked witch of the west,” Suzanne reported - “I mean - you look so --- odd”. I wrapped my head and headed to the swimming beach to wash the clay off. It did feel great and I’m sure greater benefits will show over time. He managed to untwist knots in my arms that have been there for years.

And tonight we strolled to town and ate chicken moli at a table for four on the street. Our table was a bit rocky but the food was amazing - I figured anything cooked with chocolate had a good chance of being absolutely delicious and this was! We shared adventure stories where twists of fate were responsible for great opportunities in our lives. I could list many but my first rejection for a Masters Program led me in a much better direction. And so now as the sea breeze blows coolness into the night air and the band plays riotously in town, I’ll post this and hope that one day you will travel to Sayulita and see the pink

No comments:

Post a Comment