Thursday, January 17, 2013

Working on the Formwork

Seems I'm getting the word out that I need pill bottles!  Here is my bike laden with both a saddle bag and a plastic bag of pill bottles

I am challenged creating this cocktail glass, and that is wonderful! Let me share with you the making of the framework. I used PVC pipe because it is light and relatively inexpensive.  I would love to share a few images but I can't seem to upload them. I need help!

The angles are bit unusual becasue I want to bowl to be a different shape from the base of the cocktail glass.And then the other problem area is getting the stem upright and not leaning like the Tower of Pizza!! I am really grateful to a few friends who have helped me so far.

There is also a bit of a testing process going on relating to adhesives.  It is not easy to firmly attach the pill bottles.  I need to use something more permanent than the old glue gun.  I think I've found something at Industrial Plastics. but it won't be inexpensive as I will need a lot of glue!!


These pictures make the story easier to understand

No comments:

Post a Comment