Sunday, February 24, 2013

It seems slow but "Things are Happening"

Progress has many faces - I am so happy to report we received an anonymous donation for the road trip and another one from a friend who was here for a week when I was very busy cleaning bottles for the sculpture. So thank you for both the financial support and the belief that I can make this happen!

Cleaning plastic pill bottles just got a little easier.  It turned out the GooGone and another safer product call Citrasol, work to get that sticky stuff off the bottles. So at 50 bottles a day it will just take 2 months to wash all the bottles.  OK so I need help.  Calling on anyone who iswilling to scrub and doesn't mind getting their hands wet!! Come by anytime!!

And the most unexpected email brought the broadest smile to my face. One of the other competitors invited Cathy and I to stay with his family while rolling across the country. Bless them - we will try to stop in for tea at least!

Here's a smile shot -

Kai suggested that we have a prize for the person who guesses the number of bottles in the sculpture. Great thought but you'll have to wait for me to catch up with that idea to see the finished piece.

I suggest another contest - How many different sizes and shapes of pill bottles do you think there are?  Go ahead send me your best guess!! The prize will be a piece of my artwork. I'm also thinking I will sell artwork to pay for the trip.  Starting in March, I'll post a creation each week, and let people send in their bids for that piece of art. This is truly a 'village' project.

No comments:

Post a Comment