Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pill Bottles

Hi

Part of the amazing adventure has been simply collecting pill bottles.  I am going to collect bottles until the middle of March, and then go with what I have.  I need more than enough because I want to make beautiful patterns with the various sizes and shapes as well as colours of bottles.
These bottles have been collected from other POZ people to use in the sculpture. I've removed any identifying labels for privacy,


Another part is connecting with ASOs (AIDS Service Organizations) and groups of people across the country with an interest in the project, HIV and womens' rights. So far I am overjoyed with very positive response from ANKORS in Nelson and from a group in Prince George.  Please pass this link along to others who might be interested in discussions about sexuality and HIV and the criminalization of HIV.  I have a wonderful film - made by our friends at the Legal Network - called "Positive Women Exposing Injustice". We can watch it and then discuss the Canadian reality around HIV.

1 comment:

Maia G said...

Wow Peggy. I just browsed through your blog and caught up on what you're up to! This is amazing!! What an incredible project you are undertaking! And huge congratulations for such a great accomplishment, being selected as a finalist. It will be exciting to see it grow into its final form!! Can't wait to see more.

Also - you mentioned that you will need places to stay across Canada during May. I know people in quite a few parts of the country, and would be happy to ask people if there were places that you needed filled in. Email me and let me know where you are lacking places to stay! xoxo

Lots of love,
Maia

Post a Comment