Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pictures from the Conference

The Conference was ready for us with a large floor space set aside for the sculpture. Here is everything set up.  The orange sign on the stem is my "wanted" sign. I am still missing about 8 HIV medication bottles!

Below is one of my favourite signs. This picture was taken at a gathering of women aver tea yesterday afternoon. So sad for all the people who care - we have problems related to criminalization, safe injection sites and HIV care.  This Conference is all about research. 

 I know that you will want to see the things I should have posted Thursday when we arrived - but I was just to tired.  Above is a picture of the sculpture as we opened the doors of the van.  Everything made the trip safely.

We arrived at 2 p.m. and unloaded and set up for the next couple of hours, ate and crashed. I had plenty of help but don't like posting images of others on my blog so, sorry, all you see is a hint of the help I had.

Below I am setting the bolt that actually holds the whole glass up.  It was an amazing moment when the two fellows who were holding the wooden supports let go and the sculpture stood on its own.

It has been a successful trip. I have met a few people who are excited and promise to set up the parties across the country. So I will try to post another image before we leave. Apparently people have been tweeting the sculpture. I still have a bit of work to do on the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment