Monday, April 22, 2013

Beads Shining in the Sunlight

Today was a busy day. Thanks to follow-up efforts of a friend I did two more interviews today - and the photographers to go with them. It meant less time to work on hanging the beautiful red ribbons, but I am hoping the articles will encourage people here to share the trip with their friends across the country.  It would also be wonderful to have a few more people coming to the sendoff party on Sunday! Some friends are busy preparing delicious food! If you plan to come don't forget to R.S.V.P. to VPWAs.

If you are tired of reading the blog - or following the preparations on Facebook - keep your eyes out for articles in Monday Magazine, the Times Colonist, and the Black Press's Oak Bay News.

One thing I will say about the cocktail glass - it is photogenic! But it's hard to step far enough back on the deck. It was so funny to watch the photographers lying on the deck looking up or walking down the ramp to get further away from the glass, which is safely positioned under the glass roof of the deck.

Here is an image of the beads.  I am about half done!

While I have been here mixing epoxy and glue, friends from Uculet were busy building the box that will hold the precious cargo as Cathy and I roll east. It was too dark to take a picture tonight, but I hope to take a couple on Wednesday. when we lift it into the truck, and make sure that any tweaking can happen before the last screw is secured. Like the sculpture, the box has been created out of mostly recycled materials.  It's already beautiful, but a little paint and the artistry of my friends and it will look dashing - which is exactly what it will do!! 

I called the truck Babe, after Paul Bunyan's Blue Ox, when I bought it, because it was the powerful force that allowed me to carry a couple of things from my family home west.  'So Babe' is about to get a saddle. He must be excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment