Thursday, April 4, 2013

THANK YOU day!

Today is the first day that did a tour around the sculpture.  Now the bottles fit on all sides so that the glass grows more colourful each day in a more symmetrical way that previously. IT really doesn't look much different than yesterday but it is!

It's starting to look more and more like a party.  Today as Sherry sanded and cleaned bottles while I glued I realized that everyone that has helped so much. I have my technical advisers, Nic and Dutch to thank for the very fact that the sculpture will stand up.  I have the angels that appeared and washed bottles, Carol Anne, Carolina, Cathy, Sue, Maddie as well as Sherry, and Marney who dd as many as she could.  And then the colourful bottles have poured in from everywhere - pharmacies and individuals have augmented my own supply. 

The thoughts that run through my head - aside from gratitude for my life - are concerns about how many drugs and supplements people are taking - the costs of these - and the ridiculous number of different bottles that companies use to package their products.  I estimate there to be over 200 different bottles in my collection. I haven't had time to count.

So thank you - I'm almost there - keep cheering for me.  Love  -peg


No comments:

Post a Comment